photo from http://nieciodziennik.pl/category/ciekawostki/page/6/

From XIII century st. Mary's Church was a town's parish. The church was built before the whole Market Square, that's why it isn't perpendicular to other buildings. There were also a cemetery next to the church, when people got buried from 1222 to almost XIX century.

Near the main entrance, only few centimeters above the ground, there is a fetter in which sinners was shacked. In old times it was on that level above the ground, that sinner can't kneel or stand straight. It was kind of additional punishment.

Sometimes on a  yard-bird's head applied a clownish cap or there was a piece of paper with written guilt hanged on their neck. In this way was punished up to XVIII century!